Wednesday, December 22, 2010



Our ward building is being renovated right now so for our ward Christmas party we went to a members airplane hanger. The boys thought that was pretty cool. However we had a ton of people show up and the place was packed! I almost didn't go because Reed had to work late and so I would have to go solo but after pleading eyes I went. After waiting in line for dinner for an hour with four very excited boys I started thinking I should have stayed home. But thankfully Reed showed up a few minuets after that. It was well worth the wait seeing the look on the boy's faces as Santa walked in. Andrew was the very first in line he ran up grabbed his candy and ran away even before I could take a picture. Dean surprised me by actually standing next to and TALKING! to Santa he told me later that he new that wasn't the real Santa but that he was Santa's helper and would "get his message to him" No one is more excited for Christmas this year than Dean. I can already see the light of Christmas kind-of going out in Allen he doesn't say anything just is always "thinking" when the Santa subject comes up. I think he has decided to be content with not knowing one way or the other. There was a short program in which the entire primary acted out the Nativity story. I couldn't help but laugh when Mary and Joseph walked in they had very uncomfortable faces and walked in very fast making sure to stand as far apart from one another as possible. I think they were both about ten years old definitely in the I don't like girls/boys stage it was funny. Last minuet they gave Allen the part of the inn keeper but he got stage fright after saying "NO" when asked if there was room in the inn. It was a little chaotic but overall a pretty good program. A very good start to the Holiday season.

No comments: